View Single Post
Old 01-18-2016, 04:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elip...sis View Post
The petition is more of a visual manifestation to show organizations and the NPC that this is something that warrants a discussion. I understand that letters aren't necessary, but this is for those who want those letters and the bond even after dropping, disaffiliating, or transferring schools.
Look - that's your opinion, fine. It is based on evidence that you've not presented, so I'm not willing to consider it as having any merit. You just started a petition, good for you. Who needs evidence anyway?

NPC GLOs are not in the business of regulating friendships, in case you weren't aware of that fact. You can remain friends with the women in the chapter; I've seen this happen, regardless of status. You don't need the letters and the bond is up to you.

It sounds to me like you want all the privileges of membership with none of the responsibilities. Because guess what? Sometimes it is really hard to be a member and *newsflash* the problem may have been YOU, not the rest of the chapter. I am willing to bet that many other alumnae who've served as advisors to college chapters can name members (former members) who were/are just like you. The problem isn't with everyone else, those big meanies - trust me.

And again you need to do research before you spout off about lawsuits against private membership organizations. Further, this isn't hostility. It's what it sounds like when people don't blow rainbows up your ***, and tell you the truth instead of what you want to hear.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity