View Single Post
Old 05-10-2007, 09:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by poeticace View Post
When I was seeking out orgs, I headed to the multicultural ones simply because a) by appearance ALONE I would not be "black" or "Latina" enough to join D9 or Latina orgs
What the hell is "Black" enough? Do you think we all come in one shade? Are we supposed to have a color quota when it comes down to "Blackness"?

It's ridiculous statements like that which makes ME happy that people who have twisted thoughts like that didn't bother to seek membership into my sorority. While I can ONLY speak for Alpha Kappa Alpha (though I'm sure my sistergreeks would agree), we accept young women from ALL shades of the rainbow. We have Sorors that have deep chocolate skin all the way to the palest white. In fact, one of my very good Sorors is white. We have Sorors from all nationalities, cultures, and backgrounds.

For people to use the scapegoat that they were not "____________" enough to join a particular sorority just goes to show that you were never really interested, nor did you do any research. Membership in an NPHC sorority doesn't automatically grant you force you into an NAACP membership, nor would you have to stage a sit-in at the local lunch counter.

I wonder what year this is sometimes....