View Single Post
Old 01-08-2018, 08:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBH View Post
Yes, its a long wait and my daughter only has 1 seminar on Friday so she'll be sitting around most of the day waiting. She was asked to be a math tutor for one of the classes she took in the fall and I think she has an hour on Friday for that but can't imagine anyone's going to be needing assistance in the first week.

I reminded her that this week she needs to be polite and nice and not say anything negative about the process. She's not that type of person anyway so really shouldn't worry about it. I know this round of cuts can be harsh.

If you Google Sorority RFM you can find some information that talks a bit about the math behind the process. Not sure if IU uses this fully but sounds like they have at least a variation of it. Its actually kind of interesting when you see the math behind this process.

Luckily for my D, with only 5 still in the running she didn't have to make any tough choices on who to keep on her list. She didn't find that comment as funny as I did.
I think your daughter is lucky to have a mom with a sense of humor about all of this. Certainly, the wine helps too!