View Single Post
Old 04-13-2008, 12:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to jitterbug13 Send a message via Yahoo to jitterbug13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky SC View Post
I honestly don't know though how much of a good idea it is to be putting the houses in all brand new rows or villages...

I mean i don't know how it is at other universities adopting this idea, but at South Carolina the new village is a fantastic idea in theory and looks awesome with them all standing next to one another... BUT the university owns all of the land and monitors quite heavily about any kind of drinking on the ground levels. So pretty much no one goes all out decorating their houses for big parties.

If there is a party in a house its VERY low key, most fraternities just rent out bars here or venues to have parties in, other SEC schools i've been too got their houses messy and had hired security at their parties.

Its not necessarily a bad thing i just always imagined partying more in the house from i guess the stereotypes and images i had of fraternities before college... not to mention its WAY more expensive to rent out a bar.

Its almost like the houses are SO nice and big here at South Carolina that they are more like monuments that people just stay in and don't mess up, which is the exact opposite of the image each fraternity is actually representing lol, lets be honest here
I can understand why. They don't want their brand new houses, that they paid millions for, to be tore up like McBride was. And they probably don't want to do repairs on them after every school year either.

"I'd rather be hated for what I am than loved for what I'm not."--Kanye West

"Black is the new President."--Tracey Morgan