Thread: I WANT OUT!
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2013, 04:00 PM
GreekChat Member

I WANT OUT!

Disclaimer: I’m not trying to cause issues. I am simply bringing this to the table. Please trust me in saying that I know my chapter and my org. This is as far from exaggeration as possible. Feel Free to QFP because I have nothing to hide.
Alright so here is the deal: I joined a GLO because I loved the girls and what I thought it stood for. Two girls from my high school joined and I thought they loved it… one not so much anymore(they are alumnae.) My pledge period was wonderful, but when I became an active I really saw how rachet this chapter and GLO really is. I don’t want to quit because I love the ideals, but I just can’t take the hypocrisy anymore. Once I joined a different type of sorority, I really saw what my first GLO could be, and I have been thinking bout leaving ever sense (3years). The first GLO is run by no joke, a bunch of old fat bitter women who joined because no one else would take them. They have had the same group with the same backwards thinking for years. They all just switch offices and treat alumnae life like its college 2.0. I don’t even think we have alumnae groups that do anything. Most of them think greek life is supposed to be like the show GREEK. They act like this GLO is sooooooo much better than other GLOS when they don’t have sH!t for Shineola. But they get pissed off if you mention that you are in two, because they are so bitter. They literally held international elections and it was a popularity contest. They pick their friends and they people who will support the status quo and not really work for the GLO. Internationally, the sisters act like they are the best b!tchs who ever had letters.
Now to my chapter. We are the biggest waste of space as a group. We do nothing related to our ideals. everything again is a popularity contest. When we asked for help from internationals, they sent the biggest box of rocks I’ve ever met. She was ok with the fact we were breaking 10+ rules of our GLO/school. She didn’t even know what the rules were. She overlooked hazing, racism and the fact we can’t keep anyone involved. She is now an international officer and got it because she was in with the crowd. Many of our older sisters were members of two orgs or just great girls, now we have the rejects/ girls that were kicked out of other groups for hazing. Our alums don’t even show up when we need them. The only one I’ve met is a freak. She acts like the best thing she ever did was to be a FGH. Last year we were honest to god recruiting the girls who didn’t get a bid with the “we’re so much better, and that’s why you got dropped. You are just too kool for them“ card. They are racist to my face and I can only take so much. I have never seen a group formed of bitter b!tchs in my life. They kick out girls they don’t like or file paperwork and don’t tell the girl until she gets a letter saying she is gone. This is ok with our GLO because the chapter has done this from the beginning and they don’t care. They voted out three black girls before initiation and nationals did nothing even when we said people did it because of race. They spoke openly in voting about it.
The final straw was when my ex-roomate and “sister” said I should GTFO in a passive aggressive way. I found out the exec board was looking at bid pictures last night to see who is a dual member. They plan to watch all the dual sisters to kick them out/ blackball( yes we actually vote like this) the PNMs that are in another GLO. We all talked today and said that we want to stand up, but our “Leadership” won’t do anything to help. I only joined the other group because the values my first group had were not there. I think the pledge period was a way to get $$$ and look like our chapter is doing ok. I don’t want to leave. I just don’t see how I can take an inactive status when that is just the easy way out. That is disrespectful to the ideals and founders, but the group is not living up to our ideals.