View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 02:07 PM

Some notes:

It's really great that you went to a prestigious HS in Dallas and have friends in those chapters.

However, there are 2 types of friends: the ones you like, and the ones you want as your sister.

Sometimes people mistake "We're friends" with "she would totally want me in her sorority" and assume that those friends are going to be "looking out for them" in the process. Doesn't always happen, then the PNM is super bummed when she gets cut from her friend's chapter like "I thought we were friends." You may have been, just not the kind of friend that she wanted to see in her letters.

Whether it will help you in recruitment depends on how good of friends these people are. Having friends only helps if they actually want you as a sister.

Even if you ARE the friend that someone wants as a sister, you have to consider that every other chapter member has friends that they want as well. The chapter only has a certain number of invites for each round.

In addition, consider that even if you are their best best best friend ever, you're still a junior. Am I saying that you have not a chance in hell? No. I just hope you're not just focusing on your frend's chapters or the Top Chapters because they really just may not be interested in giving a junior a bid unless she is just homerun stellar awesome and has been BFFs with half the chapter since 3rd grade.

Additional considerations: As awesome and prestigious as your HS may be, there are upcoming freshman women in recruitment from the same caliber of high schools who have camp connections, legacy status, etc. on their side, plus higher GPAs.

I'm not saying this to say you shouldn't try. You definitely should. I would just keep an open mind to ALL chapters and not assume that your friendships, GPA, and prestigious school are unique to you and will guarantee you a bid.

Lakers Nation.

Last edited by KSUViolet06; 04-23-2012 at 02:09 PM.