View Single Post
Old 05-31-2007, 10:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Red face Disaffiliate and pledge another?

I REALLY NEED HELP ABOUT THIS ASAP!!!

k so here's the deal. in fall '06, as a first semester freshman, i joined a sorority. it turned out that their dues were the highest on campus and the girls were very superficial/catty/just not my type. so at the beginning of second semester, i decided to resign (i had only been a sister for about a month or two). second semester i started talking to a few girls from my second choice sorority (i had a really tough time choosing after pref night and regreted my choice almost right after i opened my envelope, but thought i should at least give it a semester). now i really want to rush again in the fall as a sophomore for the other sorority (that i wish i would have chosen in the first place). i've never heard of anyone doing this. i think my school has a one year wait after pledging, but i dont think they address what happens if you were initiated, drop out, and then decide to join another sorority. i'd really like to do this, does anyone know if this has ever happened, or what the rules are?

also-- in my school we have to go to every sorority for 15 minutes, so i'd have to go to my old house, any way i can avoid going to my old house without being kickout out of rush??

PLEASE HELPPPPPP!!!