View Single Post
Old 08-19-2005, 09:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: What Not to Say to a Released PNM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lindz928
Co-sign!!! I know it is hard for alot of people to understand, but it DOES happen. And I wouldn't laugh at someone for doing that. If it makes the difference between a young lady being happy with her college experience or unhappy, then what is wrong with it?
I think it's one thing to transfer because you're unhappy (not getting a bid to the sorority of your choice being a small but integral part of that) and another thing to transfer entirely because you didn't get the house you wanted in rush. If a girl drops out of rush/is cut from all the houses and then goes on to try her best to make friends in the dorm, in other organizations, etc. -- and when it comes to January or February she's STILL unhappy and wants to transfer, I don't think there's a problem with that at all. If she drops out of rush/is cut and immediately decides -- in August or September, possibly before school has even STARTED, that her life is OMG TOTALLY OVER!!!!1! and she has to transfer to XYZ State so she can rush again, I think that's ridiculous. I would have zero qualms about making fun of such a person. Of course, that's one of the reasons I was never a Rho Chi . . .

I think the rest of the advice in this thread is spot-on, though.