View Single Post
Old 08-07-2014, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbell14 View Post
Hello Everyone,

I am new to Greek Chat, so I apologize if I posted on the wrong form. But I am sure I am posting on the right one. I am obviously going to be rushing at my school in a few weeks, and had a few questions.

1. I was home schooled during high school, would It still be acceptable? I was a national figure skater, so most of my time during was spent training and then during my junior year, I retired to finish my all-star cheerleading seasons . I have a high GPA and a few honors and AP classes from an accredited online school, the only difference is I did not have school to write down when signing up for recruitment or to give to the people writing recommendation letters for me.

2. I have all my recommendations, up to two for each house, except for one house. I have tried getting the last house, but failed. Should I still keep trying or will It be ok leaving one house out? (the deadline is next week).

3. When signing up for recruitment, they asked me to send my test score or I did not have to and they would just use my GPA and transcript on file, my that is on file a 3.7, while I did well on my online classes. My SAT/ACT test score was just ok, if it is a choice should I just use my GPA, instead of my test score or should I send it anyway? I am fine sending with sending it, but if it is an option I will just let them use my GPA.

4. My sister (who does not have a greek chat) is going to Western Kentucky University, she is wondering if it is very competitive? My friend goes their and told me it was not for being in the south, that the recruitment process was a lot more casual, and there GPA requirement is lower (2.5 and she has a 3.4)

5. I just turned 19 and am going to be a first time freshman, would it be to old? I was held back in 1st grade..

6. How should my hair be? It looks nice flat ironed, but it also looks very flat unless I hot roll it or blow dry it out, or should I hot roll it and brush it out with it being a little wavy? Personally that is my best look, but what would work better.

I am very excited for recruitment, I feel it would be good for me, since aging out of cheer I missed being apart of something, with girls who where like me. The only have close to that for now are pageants, hopefully in a few weeks, if everything works out I will find my home away from home! Thank you for your help, and sorry for all the questions!
1. I doubt that being homeschooled is that big of an issue as it is commonplace to see homeschooled kids attending college.

2. Do the best you can to get that last rec.

3. Most chapters have a required minimum GPA rather than a required ACT score, so I tend to think that the GPA would be best to include, if it's an "either or" thing.

4. It is not on my radar as a fiercely competitive school.

5. This would depend on the school.

6. Do your hair in a way that makes you feel like you look your best. Also, recruitment week is not the time for a hair experiment. Go with what tends to work for you. Keep in mind your hair type and the projected weather for the week. Ex: If you have curly hair, and there is a 90% chance for rain, you may not want to spend all morning with the straightener because it's just going to go POOF when you walk outside.

Lakers Nation.