View Single Post
Old 09-19-2017, 01:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Unhappy Why didn't I get a bid?

So I went out for rush in the fall as a jr. but I'm older than than the average jr, which I think is the main reason I didn't get a bid. I'm 24 and transferred into a university from a local college, and most of the girls were fresh out of high school. I missed the opportunity to this right out of high school bc I went to a local college and worked until I knew where I wanted to go and what I wanted to do. (I didn't say this) I know a couple of other girls in other groups who were transfers but I was the only one in mine. I also wore a blue keyhole sweater while all the other girls in my group wore sun dresses. The slide show said something like that was okay but I couldn't help feel like I wasn't supposed to dress like I was going for a job interview. I thought the conversations I had with the girls in most of the groups were engaging and nice I talked about leadership roles I had in high school despite it being a while now, my major, trips I'm taking over break, complement them and their house, and asked them general questions about their philanthropys, points, etc. I couldn't help but feel crushed after the first day getting a call saying I didn't get a invite back. While another girl on my floor (whose also a jr.) wore pants as well and didn't even look professional like she just came from class when it was supposed to be a polished day, got two bids. Despite her getting a group I didn't want in the end it just makes me wonder what I did wrong not to even get a bid back on the first day. What makes me feel even worse at one of the pre meetings one girl asked how many girls won't get bids and the gamma chi said we haven't had anyone not get one in a couple of years. What could I have possibly done wrong? I don't think I'm gonna do informal rush bc I was upset when this happened and my friends aren't into Greek life anyway in fact they warned me how dumb they though it was, but it still bothers me bc I was something I wanted to do.