View Single Post
Old 11-24-2003, 02:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Lindz928
Carnation, you put perfectly into words what I was thinking. It is VERY frustrating for me. I am our chapter's panhellenic delegate, so I see what is going on and I don't know if there is anything my chapter can do about it.

I know that if we have the support of the rest of panhel on our campus, we can become just as strong or stronger than the other chapters that are here. But, just like Carnation said, I feel almost like we have been written off by those in charge. They say they support us, but they seem to do nothing to show it.

I may be completely off in what is going on, and I may be overreacting, but I don't think so. If someone has any advise, please let me know. Thanks alot!!
Stand firm to your view and make your case to panhellenic. And, if bringing on another group is inevitable, it is ESSENTIAL that your chapter uses this year to continue making improvements and have a chance to get as STRONG as you can before the new group arrives! In a system like yours, only the "strong" survive....it is Darwin at work here because, unfortunately, in Texas, memories are LONG when it comes to a chapter's reputation...even if the chapter is a new and improved version of what it once was.

On a side note... check out the Aggie yearbook...are you aware of how many groups on your campus have been "lost" to this tactic??! It is frightening! And it will keep happening for as long as this pattern continues.

In the meantime, COB your rear ends off so that you are prepared and comptetive in size and look by the time the new group is rushing! It is your very best chance for survival and chapter health!