View Single Post
Old 09-13-2019, 03:30 PM

Oh, and obviously you couldn’t do this with too large of a pledge class unless you split the sorority into multiple groups, but our pledges didn’t have any collective event or run to the groups - the sorority members went to the new pledges’ different dorms/apartments and picked them up to take them to the bid day festivities. I can see where this would be a no go now because of safety factors and I’m sure it was annoying as hell for non Greeks since it was ALL OVER campus, but I think this way was a lot easier for all involved. Doing everything in public where you can see if someone is disappointed with their bid or if one sorority has an appreciably smaller class than the rest seems like a recipe for lots of potential hurt feelings. At least if a sorority you didn’t want came to your door you could get upset in private - less embarrassing for both sides. It would lessen the excitement, but I think it would be better to know where you are running before you are less than 50 feet away.

Last edited by 33girl; 09-13-2019 at 03:38 PM.