View Single Post
Old 08-11-2015, 08:06 PM
GreekChat Member

For a few weeks after recruitment, I felt lost. But I picked my self up and started looking for other ways to keep myself busy. I got a part time job at the shoe store, and joined the women’s rugby club on campus. Even though I had plenty to distract myself with, I wasn’t entirely satisfied. Greek life was always nagging at me in the back of my mind. Maybe I had made a mistake by SIPing. Should I have given Drogon a chance? Would it have been better to be a Drogon than to not be Greek at all?

Being a part of a rugby team was a fantastic experience. Sisterhood, schmisterhood! My team had become my family. I convinced myself that it was for the best that I was dropped from recruitment, otherwise I would never have found rugby. I also wouldn’t have found my future roommate, Kristin, who also happened to be a Drogon.

One evening the next fall, Kristin invited me to a formal meal at Drogon. Why not? It was a free meal, and I wasn’t about to turn down free food. Most of the awkward girls I had met at recruitment the previous year had either graduated or dropped out of the organization. They were still a quirky bunch, but I ended up having a great time! After the meal, they invited my to one of their COB events the following week.