View Single Post
Old 01-07-2014, 08:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaSigKap View Post
Clemonsgirl, a vast majority of IU PNMs do not get recs. IU did away with pre-recruitment activities this year and the recs were the gateway to getting those pre-recruitment invites. I briefly spoke with an advisor at a chapter who said they got around 100 and most of those were legacy forms or from relatives (niece, cousin, granddaughter) who weren't officially legacies in their GLO.

The elimination of pre recruitment activities would seem to make recs less important. I was able to secure several recs for my step daughter for last year's recruitment and the pre rush invites were VERY helpful to her. She was only a legacy at my house (which is not at IU) so no Greek connections other than some high school friends in houses. She was a rush crush of an active she met at one and that was house she pledged and that active became her big sister. Sure, she might have gotten a bid anyway, but we now know from this active that my step daughter was always on their top list because they bonded at this pre-recruitment party.