View Single Post
Old 03-29-2002, 11:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to equeen
Alpha Delta Theta??

All right, help me out folks.

I'm in the process of researching sororities and women's fraternities that are/were specifically geared towards women persuing degrees in scientific and technological fields. Amazingly enough, there are quite a few such organizations - most are established, active, and growing, while some unfortunately are defunct.

I've been able to trace most of them except one, called Alpha Delta Theta. I've found as many as 4 different greek lettered organizations named as such - the one I am interested in is the women's professional fraternity, and their Alpha Iota Chapter is at the University of the Sciences in Philadelphia.

I figure based on their founding date and Chapter designation that there are more chapters - but I haven't found any national information on them, and I have a bad feeling that chapter is defunct.

Has anyone else heard of this particular Alpha Delta Theta - and if so, please point me jn their direction! Just as a point of interest - I've already ruled out GLOs of the same name at:

Sewanee - University of the South (a local sorority)
Highpoint University (a Christian sorority)
USC (a co-ed academic/pre-professional networking group for education/general studies majors)
UIUC - a national sorority, defunct for many years (merged with Phi Mu, as implied on UIUC and some Phi Mu pagees).

I'd appreciate any word-of-mouth leads, as web searches have turned up dry.

Thanks!