View Single Post
Old 08-25-2017, 07:12 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTalumna06 View Post
A big hmmmm? to the statement in bold.

As others have said, your daughter needs to dive head first into her sorority. She needs to make an effort. I know she's your daughter and you want her to be happy, but life is going to throw disappointing situations her way, and she won't always get her first choice, but she needs to find a way to make her own happiness. She needs to give her chapter a chance.

Tell her to look at COB as a great opportunity to a) work with her new sisters, b) help grow the sisterhood, and c) find potential members that she likes and wants to be part of her chapter.

Being part of a sorority is hard work, and I don't just mean in terms of building friendships. There are going to be challenges to overcome and disputes to settle. It's not all ice cream cones dancing on rainbows. And I know from her perspective, it looks that way when she sees members of her top choice around campus. But I promise you, they're not perfect. They have their own problems. And on top of that, they didn't pick her to be their sister.

Your daughter needs to try to connect. And if she truly makes an effort and after six weeks, she's still not feeling it, she can drop before initiation. But she should keep in mind that this may be her only opportunity to be a part of an NPC sorority.

Try to get her to look at the positives and make friends with her new sisters.

Good luck to you both!
Please see 3rd paragraph and share with your daughter. She has the opportunity to add girls she might have made friends with during rush to her sisterhood. Great girls who, for what ever reason, did not receive a bid. What a rare gift, as most new members don't have the ability to affect their chapter so early in their membership.