View Single Post
Old 08-11-2015, 07:32 PM
GreekChat Member

And that was that. I joined Drogon, which of course is KAPPA ALPHA THETA, and finally had my happy ending!

I immersed myself into Greek life and went to every meeting, event, and social that I could. I met so many great friends, including my best friend who was also in my pledge class, and got the most perfect Big! But most importantly, I learned after my initiation that being Greek means a whole lot more than just having a fun social life. Your membership is what you make of it. I can honestly say that my membership in Theta has made me an all around better woman and I wouldn't trade my collegiate experience for the world.

Looking back, I had gone through recruitment with a rather shallow mindset. But at the time I didn’t realize all of the great benefits that being a part of ANY Greek organization gives you. I grew to love my chapter, of course, but I also loved being a part of the larger Greek community! My advice to PNMs: Accepting your last choice IS better than not being Greek at all!