View Single Post
Old 08-11-2015, 01:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Day 2: House Tours

I was invited back to all three houses for tours! Linda was cut by Rhaegal, but she didn’t mind one bit.

My first house tour was at Rhaegal! I was so pumped to finally see what the inside of a sorority house is like! The members came out from the side door of the house single file dressed in matching tank tops and swept us into the house through the front door. For some reason I was a lot more nervous today, and the girl I was paired up with was a little intimidating. I thought I could lighten the tension by complimenting her hair bow. It was red with white polka dots and reminded me of Minnie Mouse. So cute! But she only rolled her eyes at me and said “yeah, our theme is like, America or something.” Yeesh, someone’s cranky. I hope I didn’t somehow offend her with the Minnie Mouse comment…
As we went through the house, she asked me if I had any questions, but my mind was blank as I was just trying to take it all in. I was bumped to another girl halfway through the tour. This one was even crankier than the first! I tried to talk to her about their philanthropy that I was so fond of, but she wasn’t holding up her end of the conversation and clearly wasn’t interested in talking to me. Even though I got paired with lousy girls, I still really wanted to like this house.

The next house I went to was Viserion. As all the PNMs waited outside the house, we could hear the members inside doing a chant to get pumped up. It was very exciting! Finally they came out single file, all looking like super models in high heels again and matching tshirts. We were whisked inside and I was blown away by how neat and well decorated their house was! They really paid attention to every detail! We were given a quick tour and then settled down at tables set up in the basement to chat and enjoy some refreshments. I ended up at a table with 5 or 6 members and no other PNMs. They were all so attentive and we had a wonderful conversation about our hopes and dreams for the future. It was great not having to share the spotlight with any other PNMs. I felt like I really clicked with these girls! Maybe Viserion was meant to be my home ☺

Last house of the day was Drogon. All the PNMs were lined up outside the house and we waited, and waited, and waited. Then almost out of no where a huge gaggle of girls in mismatched semi-formal dresses came barreling around the corner yelling and chanting at the top of their lungs, scaring the pants off of half the PNMs! I didn’t mind the yelling so much as their horrendous outfits. Most of the dresses these girls were wearing looked like something I might’ve picked out for my first high school homecoming dance. I was paired with a tall, lanky girl who could use a bit of wax on her upper lip. She was very sweet, but incredibly awkward! We did share a common interest in snowboarding though. The tour itself was chaotic. We were randomly shuffled into rooms, they didn’t set up a system so that everyone to flow through the house comfortably. The hallways in the house were really narrow and it was hard to maneuver with so many girls going this way and that. After that mess was over, we were all herded into the living room to watch the members perform a skit for us. I HATE SKITS. It don’t remember specifically what the skit was, but it had something to do with the Backstreet Boys and it was terrible (I’m an N’Sync girl ).

At the end of the day I ranked
1. Viserion
2. Rhaegal
3. Drogon

I met up with Linda for pizza afterward and we gossiped for hours about our house tours. She ranked Viserion first, also, but said she would be happy at Drogon too.

Last edited by kitekat; 08-12-2015 at 11:27 PM.