View Single Post
Old 08-18-2002, 08:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to James Send a message via AIM to James
UMGirl,

That is exactly my point. The system has to see a lot of girls quickly, its designed to keep as many houses at Total as possible.

However, her situation isn't exactly the same as say a 40 year old married woman with 3 kids Rushing . . . That type of situation defines a lot of your life.

She is 19 and going to college and in a place in her life that lets her join a sorority. For all practical purposes she is not much different than a 19 year old girl involved in a long term relationship that she has no intention of leaving . . .

Or a 19 year old with a fiancee, I think a 19 year old with a fiancee might actually get a cluster of girls around her admiring her ring . . . and it probably wouldnt hurt her during Rush . . .

And yet she would have the same exact limits on her freedom in a long term relationship or engaged . . .

Its just that people VIEW it differently because marriage is a loaded word. It conjures a lot of ideas . . .

Does everyone see the difference? Does everyone understand what I am saying?

There is a wierd standard. A girl can be in a long term relationship that limits her freedom, or engaged that limits her freedom . . . but it is viewed differently than marriage. Even though the same situation applies.

All I am saying is that she should maximize her fair shot at a Sorority liking her as a person versus getting cut because of a silly stereotype.

Am I that off base here?