View Single Post
Old 12-16-2014, 04:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Bid day!!

I was so nervous all day. I barely slept the night before and I still don’t know how I made it through classes. I’ve never been someone who is good with surprises, so this totally killed me. After what seemed like eternity, Roommate and I walked to where the bids were being distributed and waited anxiously. All I wanted in life at that moment was a bid to Elf. As soon as I got my envelope, I tried to read what it said through the envelope, but I had no luck. I waited for the countdown. 3…. 2…. 1…. I ripped it open and it said….

ELF!!!!!!

I was over the moon, and I love my sorority even more today than I did then. Roommate ended up a very happy member of A Christmas Story. For the sake of anonymity, and because I believe my school is very identifiable based on the structure of recruitment and the details I gave, I am not going to disclose the actual name of my sorority. If you would like to know, feel free to shoot me a message and I would be more than happy to tell you. Thank you all so much for reading my story!