View Single Post
Old 02-20-2008, 09:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by srmom View Post
UTLonghorn, I know that you are nervous about the whole rush thing. My son was nervous about it too, and honestly didn't know how it would all come about. But, trust me, it worked out. Like somebody above said, try to hook up with some of the guys you know who are in the Greek system and they will steer you in the right direction.

My son happened to know guys in a few fraternities, but he started out only interested in a couple because he knew those guys the best. By round up and the end of his senior year, he had been contacted by a number of the other fraternities and had gotten on their "rush list", so he was invited to a bunch of stuff, getting to know more guys as it went along. The fraternities got his name somehow, either from people they knew who knew him or from the ifc registration thing.

They'll find you
Very good answer Mom. If I understand you correctly, your thoughts about rush are similar to mine.

Of course others can give you their POV's and opinions. But the OP's, and any rushee, are the one that truly matter.
For they are the one's who will be:
Living with others.
Calling and seeing them as friends and Brothers.
And learning and living a philosophy of an even larger group.

Rushee should go into rush with their mind, eyes and ears open.
For the bottom line is they are looking for chapter and GLO that fits them, not others.