View Single Post
Old 10-20-2009, 10:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasonsInquiries View Post
well, i could've gone on & on & on & on & on with my post, but i just wanted to hit on what i thought were the "key" parts. i didn't mean to make it sound like "ALL men know how to love and most women dont", so i apologize for not making myself clear.

HOWEVER, i will ask all you guys this; the image that's been pinned on my beautiful sistas by not only society, but other black men and women (sistas' are LOUD, sistas' are COMPLICATED, sistas' are THIS, sistas' are THAT).......where on earth did it come from? the title of this thread is called "Are Black Women Scaring Off Black Men", so i wanted to keep it on topic. should you guys want to create a thread called "Are Black Men Scaring Off Black Women", i would probably respond to that thread just as much as i am to this thread.

the responses i get from this question is going to be interesting; and please don't tell me that the image just fell out the sky from the backroads of a hick town......lol.
I just can't agree with what's been posted (with the exception of the comments about the men) I'll just say this one last thing, and then I'm going to leave this thread be, at least on this topic. I don't really like pointing the finger at her because to me, in today's society, it's the black men and men period who are not taking their leadership roles in the family and are instead becoming passive and indecisive. His s/o is supposed to be valued and revered as an equal partner, but a lot of men lack the ability to appropriately love and value her, and only her. I don't really like getting into the race part when it comes to relationships, because what it comes down to is serving the other person. And this goes back to serving a woman who respects herself, because one who doesn't is going to clown rather you serve her or not. To say "black women" don't treat their men right, is wrong on every level. If a man is not happy with how she is treating him (black or white), then I think it's a good idea for HIM to check what kind of treatment he is giving her and that's because she responds to the treatment that she is being given.

I'm not going to get into any further discussions about it though. We're both entitled to our own opinions on the issue.
Romans 1:16