View Single Post
Old 10-26-2018, 08:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDak View Post
Your story is not a unique one. The feelings of not feeling included or that you have a place in a chapter is a common one. It is difficult with new chapters because a group of women were brought together without getting to know each other beforehand. Even so. I am sorry that you are struggling. It breaks my heart to hear these stories.

I would suggest that you have a heart to heart with the President. She may have some ideas for you of who to hang out with more or a leadership role that you could own and probably thrive at. Chances are your President has heard from other women who feel left out. You all could join forces!

As an alumna, my experience in Greek Life grew exponentially after graduation and I was able to find and hang out with other alumnae from my organization. The alumnae experience is less stress and so much easier on your debit card. Sometimes it is worth it to get to your alumna status so you can fully utilize the national network that you have. I understand that the thought of roughing it out till graduation can seem daunting but something to think about.

Good Luck
Thank you, I appreciate your thoughts & input!