View Single Post
Old 09-16-2014, 07:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
Having seen this happen before in my group ( and very recently with a double legacy to the chapter in question), I would venture they may have failed to mark you as a legacy in the system and therefore you weren't placed on the first list. Quota Range would be irrelevant if you were flagged as a legacy. Your grandmother should contact the regional/province recruitment person over the chapter in question.
Not to add fuel to the crazy fire, but this would be my guess as well. I would imagine that the best practice in the era of quota ranges would be to place the legacies at the very top of the list in the first place.

That being said:
A) I agree with everything that everyone else said about the cost vs. benefit of contesting this.

B) We have no idea how many legacies this chapter was dealing with at Preference. Hypothetically, that is another variable.

C) Even if a mistake were made on the part of this chapter - is Panhellenic bound in any way to rectify the placement? Your placement with your current chapter bumped someone else who is now in yet another chapter, and so on. What about binding agreements and your bid with your current chapter? I don't know what the NPC protocol is for something like this, but I could easily see Panhellenic saying "too bad".