View Single Post
Old 07-15-2003, 07:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ShaunaF01
honestly whether or not you are trying to start a sorority or a women's group, you've come flat out and said that you want it to be a sorority down the road, so the i think the best thing you could do would be to just start a sorority.

as for basing yourself on sigma kappa, if that is the organization you would like to become whether it be today or tomorrow, contact sigma kappa, i'm sure they would be more than willing to help you out. if you want to eventually be them then i don't see why you just don't go full fledged and do what you got to do. my chapter started out as a local organization and modeled themselves after alpha phi, and as great as it was when they were chaptered, many of them decided not to go national with alpha phi when the time came because they had put so much work into their local organization. i wasn't apart of it, but i'm sure it is hard to be one thing and then be another, even though you are always part of the first. especially if you want to end up sigma kappa, it may be in your best interest and to save time for the future. instead of starting a local and going through that process and then going through the expansion process, it would probably be easier to just be an expansion project for sigma kappa. also i would check with your college about their policies on local organizations, i know my school is no longer accepting locals, only nationals and internationals.

hope i wasn't too confusing!