View Single Post
Old 01-02-2001, 04:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb

Parents need to let their children know who is the parent and who is the child - from the get-go!!! I would have never tried to act a fool with my mom or dad - just out of pure respect for who they are and also for fear of losing my life!!! My nephew used to "fall out" when he didn't get his way...he would be on the floor arms and legs kicking and yelling. A few Christmas' ago...he tried that stunt right in the middle of my mom's livingroom...my sister(his mom) just looked at him and kept right on talking. Since this was my first time seeing him do this I was a little shocked. I yelled his name, leaned off the couch like I was going to snatch him up and looked at him like he lost the last bit of his mind....he looked at me and got up and sat down. He knew me as his aunt but not seeing me everyday he wasn't sure what I might do. I told my sister she better quit letting him act like that because it was only going to get worse...she said she just "let's him go" I told her it would only get worse. I don't condone(sp) beating kids but discipline must start early! Believe this or not (my husband didn't until he talked to my mom) I am 31 yrs old and have never got a beating/whipping/whatever. Not that I was some goody-goody...but I just knew better. I had respect and I feared the consequences of being "bad". I think if you teach a child from the beginning you will have less problems.