Thread: Introduction
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2011, 08:33 PM
GreekChat Member

We are. As we went through the process of selecting a national organization, it was very important to us that whatever group we chose to affiliate with was also willing to initiate any of our interested alumnae. Our organization has been around for just over 10 years, so many of our alumnae are still very actively involved with the chapter and have personal relationships with the active sisters. I'm personally thrilled to be able to enjoy the Kappa alum experience and I hope that by getting involved with the different available alumnae opportunities, I'll be able to continue being a resource for my undergraduate sisters.

I actually just recently learned that my supervisor at my internship is a Kappa alum. She has recently relocated to my area and told me she's been hoping to get involved with the alumnae chapter near us too- this is my first experience encountering a sister from a different chapter and a different experience (because as a local, any alum I met had gone to my same college and been a part of my same chapter), and I have to say, it's really, really cool!!