View Single Post
Old 01-28-2016, 01:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by navane View Post
Wow....this seems unusual to me. I'm not familiar with UM; but, their main UM website clearly claims UM-Lambuth as a "campus". It appears to me that Lambuth campus is considered a part of UM proper, just an extended site. In that case, I can understand why NPC might consider having two chapters there an issue.

But the two campus locations are an hour and a half apart??? San Diego State University has a main campus in San Diego and a campus in Imperial Valley (Calexico, CA). The Imperial campus is considered to be attached to SDSU; yet, students cannot freely attend classes between locations. One must choose one location or the other on the application. The two SDSU campus locations are also 1.5 hours apart. The SDSU arrangement sounds very similar to UM and UM-Lambuth. The difference is, as far as I can tell, there is no Greek life at the SDSU IV Campus, whereas the UM-Labuth campus does have GLOs.

Yeah...that is interesting.
You raise an interesting point-it's not as though girls at UM-Lambuth are able to freely commute between campuses and can join a chapter at one while attending the other. Unless I'm reading the situation entirely wrong, they're separate schools and should-and in the case of fraternities do, as I posted above-have distinct chapters and two different Greek communities.

In other news, Murray State (KY) has announced that Delta Zeta will colonize in Fall 2016, presumable after formal recruitment. This is the second stack of their three-sorority stack of KD, DZ, and Phi Mu.