View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaorin_Kanoe View Post
I have a question: I'm a part of a National group, but we are not NPC, nor are we NPHC, or service oriented. We are not off campus either. I have been in my group for one year and although we are on our way to becoming NPC, it will not be when I am an undergrad. Now when I say on our way I don't mean that we're waiting for the decision and I'm just being impatient. I mean that we are beginning to accumulate the right number of quality chapters and other criteria.

I'm going to go to grad school and I'm wondering if I should attempt to join an NPC sorority when it it is possible that my group could become NPC?
You mean that you are part of an org that wants to eventually expand and JOIN the NPC? Understand that new orgs haven't been added to the conference since 1951. Not saying that it would NEVER happen, but it's not an overnight (or even a "few years") thing.

Also, just a note, not every NPC member org allows grad students to join. Even if a particular org does allow grad students, it doesn't mean that a CHAPTER traditionally does. Ex: XYZ might allow grad students according to its bylaws, but the chapter at Traditional Greek System University may have never actually bid a grad student (because all NMs at that school are typically traditional students.)

Lakers Nation.