View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 02:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
So, I do not know your campus, but I'm going to make a crazy suggestion, and you decide if it's appropriate for UNR and your group:

Are there a decent number of organizations that have a set meeting time/place? If so, you could possibly allow people to order these for delivery at a higher price. Let's say you have a list of organizations: primarily Greek orgs, but maybe also things like Hillel, or the Marketing Students Group or what have-you.

First you contact those orgs, and ask if you can drop by their meetings, and so on. You compile a list, put it on the table where you are selling these, and then people can be like "oh, for $3, I can send a nice message to my girlfriend at her meeting" or "oh, for $5, I can interrupt my roommate's lacrosse practice to tell him to do the dishes".

This is more work, organizationally, but it opens up a whole new angle. I feel like I definitely would have paid a couple of bucks here and there to send secret messages to my friends so that they had to track down some sort of translation, and would have liked receiving the same, but I'm a total troublemaker.

ETA: I would TOTALLY ask a guy to formal in this manner, if it was a friend or boyfriend I knew would say yes, and just wanted to have some fun with it.

Last edited by DeltaBetaBaby; 03-28-2013 at 02:22 PM.