View Single Post
Old 06-01-2018, 08:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Unhappy Hey. Question about D9 membership

So I joined a (self defined service, but could be considered social) sorority in college after graduating realized that while my campus promoted and marketed as a multicultural sorority, that the organization on the inside has many uninviting and close minded women and many even so far as calling it a Latina org and saying (we) should've gone somewhere else if we weren't okay with it.

For a while after, I wanted to stay and fulfill my commitment to being a member and thought I could "be the change I wanted to see" but staying a member has been hell on my MH.

It's been a few years now and I really miss the sisterhood and service aspects of my undergrad Greek experience. I know some D9 sororities explicitly state that if you were a member of a previous social sorority you are not allowed membership, but there were some that I did not see that stipulation. Would I be able to possibly attend a graduate interest meeting and be considered for any D9 sororities? Obviously only once I've done more research to see which aligns with my values.

I've seen a girl go from my sorority to a D9, but that was in undergrad and idk if the rules have changed.