View Single Post
Old 01-25-2007, 11:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Our Alumnae Panhellenic does a roundtable event locally with high school seniors in the winter to help them prepare for recruitment, and LSU is one of the schools we focus on. We invite reps from their Panhellenic, alumnae, etc., to come and speak about LSU recruitment. (as well as UT, A&M, SMU, Bama, Auburn, UGA, etc.-- the schools our local girls most often end up attending and rushing at...)

I'll be frank, and if you don't like this advice, you can certainly do what you wish. If you are at LSU or an LSU-type school, and you are not a freshman from a traditional background of having been to high school and being unmarried and having at least 2 alumnae recs per chapter, a stellar GPA and stellar activities, don't go through LSU recruitment. It's a very traditional competitive Greek System. If you do go through recruitment, do the informal recruitment events. Still, given your background, you may not feel like you fit in with the women in the chapters and I would suggest you try a non-NPC greek organization instead, perhaps a co-ed one, or even a community service group. There's nothing wrong with your background or the LSU sororities; but there are some key differences between you where you and they might be a better fit elsewhere. I'm not saying you wouldn't be a great member or a great fit; but based on your posts and what you have said about your background, that is just my honest take. Even coming from the most traditional background and having all of those traditional attributes and great grades/activities isn't a guarantee of getting a bid as a freshman, and those chances diminish even further the older you are/further along you are in college (a sophomore with a traditional background, great grades and who is head of the Orientation Team/Dance Marathon even will have a very hard time). I wish you the best no matter what you decide!

Last edited by adpiucf; 01-25-2007 at 11:24 AM.