View Single Post
Old 01-24-2020, 12:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Informal is just that, Informal

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
No, I hold that opinion because I think PNMs should know if they have, in effect, been “cut.” If they know ABC is holding one event on February 1 and they haven’t gotten an invite, they can stop saying “well maybe ABC will have some more events and I’ll get invited then.” It would be one thing if this was a few days, but the time frame is until MARCH. You know there are going to be girls who keep holding out hope that never comes. It would be a lot more considerate to let them know that chance has come and gone. During formal rush, they know if ABC cuts them they should look elsewhere for a Greek affiliation. Why can the women participating in COB not be given that same consideration?
Houses that are invite only, won’t be holding “events.” They more than likely will call the handful of girls they want, invite them over for pizza, and offer them a bid. These houses already know who they want and aren’t looking to meet new girls or reconnect with girls they didn’t choose during formal. I would bet 75% of the houses had girls over last night and offered their bids. Once those bids are filled, they will close their informal rush, so the March time frame is really only for houses who have lots of spots they need/want to fill.

Informal is really only beneficial to girls with connections to a house through friends/recruitment and girls who are interested in joining one of the open invite houses.