View Single Post
Old 03-24-2015, 11:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tld221 View Post
*blows the whistle* by "real" you mean traditional?

Yup. #staywoke

To be fair, some students apply to online programs (which aren't always for-profit institutions, to be clear) and are NOT looking to be cared about as a student, so to speak. Think about an executive MBA student: you think they enroll in an online program to be nurtured and developed as a student? Likely not - they want their credits so they can get the credential and get promoted/make more money.

You also spoke with representatives at two somewhat reputable online programs of reputable research institutions. They aren't supposed to give you an advisor vibe. They work to sell you a program - they probably weren't as smooth about it if you got a telemarketer vibe about it.
I hear you and that's actually where I fit in myself BUT isn't that what the for profits would always get criticized about? It should also be noted that a lot of nontraditional students are first time college students and there are some younger traditional aged students that are skipping the campus and going the online program route. I would think those students should have the resources and tools they need to succeed.

Last edited by PiKA2001; 03-24-2015 at 11:12 PM.