View Single Post
Old 03-31-2017, 01:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Thank you everyone for your responses in trying to help!

The reason I was torn between formal recruitment and AOII colonization is because I absolutely love the idea of being a part of a new chapter on campus! I think that being able to make an actual impact on the history of the school, and the chapter's future sounds wonderful to me. I have been told by a reliable source that AOII will be doing their events AFTER formal recruitment.

I understand that I can participate in both (formal and or colonization,) but I do feel in my personal opinion that if I went through formal recruitment and dropped prior to bidding, that it seems almost rude to the system of rushing. That might sound rather odd... but I feel that it could make AOII think they were a second choice if I dropped after going through formal to try and "join" AOII. In reality that's the last thing I'd want them to feel!

The organization I am a part of does have an executive board and the time commitment will be timely, but I do believe I can do both! Also, Cheerio, I very much understand that colonization is a very intensive process. Trust me, I don't find it any easier and I respect it.

I really thank you all for your opinions on the matter. Now hearing more of how I feel, does anyone have any additional advice?

Last edited by lovelygirl801; 03-31-2017 at 01:47 AM.