View Single Post
Old 04-03-2014, 01:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Rushing again as a Sophmore

This is my story, Freshman year fall rush, I'm only going to one event with a friend who wants to check this fraternity out. Sure I'll tag along. Go to one of the football events, cool, meet a few guys. small effort. Don't go to other events. Of course didn't get the bid because I only went to one event and wasn't too social.

Spring Rush, I see that friend again he loves his fraternity, he along with all his class tell me to rush. So yeah i'll give it a try. Meet a lot of people go to most events, basically know everyone. Of course there are a few that I didn't manage to talk to. Bid time comes around and I did not receive one.

The recruiting chairman said "I'm sorry we can't extend a bid this semester. You didn't get the 80% needed. Next fall we will have new rush events. Any questions?" Respectfully said no and thank you for the experience.

To me it was a shock, because I hit it off with all these guys, and never made a slip up. I find out that all of the fall rush class is barred from voting for some reason. This mean of my support is gone, they made up like 1/3 of the fraternity. I was told after that the voting process got very heated, and there was 3 re-votes. However I didn't seem to meet enough guys. It can't be that they forgot who I am, because I've got a unique name Either way I am still great friends with most of these guys, even though I can't go to their events.

What do you think should I rush again? I will be rushing others as well.

Last edited by Mr.J; 04-03-2014 at 05:53 PM. Reason: spelling