View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 01:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryPoppins View Post
OP has a lot more to lose than one would expect. As a person who has had to bear the truth when no one wanted to hear it, I can tell you they always shoot the messenger.
Exactly. OP, let it go. Let it go. Let the universe handle this. Get your fingerprints off the situation. Focus on your dual roles right now, and get your mind off the Greek Advisor. Trust me and Ms. Poppins on this one. Sooner or later it'll resolve itself in some fashion. You don't need to mess with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticCat View Post
It is a big deal, but it is a big deal that the OP probably can't do anything about, and as Kevin says, it may be a big deal in terms of how things are typically done but not in terms of actual rule-breaking. We just don't know. If it blows up on its own, then it blows up on its own.

My major concern would be making sure that the Greek Advisor knows what the rules are (whether she broke them or not in her own case) and clearly conveys those rules to others and does what she needs to to see that the rules are followed.
Re: the bolded. That's what I was going to write, but MC beat me to it.

Aside to the OP: I enjoyed reading your writing! Actually followed your train of thought and you incorporated adequate details so that I was able to grasp your dilemna/understand the situation. Kudos.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity