Thread: Weird question
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 07:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoooby View Post
Thank you. Of course I don't mind doing it if it is asked!

I just hope a sorority is for me, and was hoping maybe someone else on here has been in my position before and overcame it!

I've done my research and so far I think my top ideal sororities here at UNT are Chi Omega... Delta Gamma, Kappa Kappa Gamma or Pi Beta Phi... is it best to rush all sororities or just the ones I can see myself in?
Your best bet is to look at the women in these chapters. Do they dress up a lot. Do they dress up when they go to class? Do you see a lot of their members walking around in jeans, t-shirts and flip flops? Every chapter is very different. My chapter was full of women who were very casual. I only got dressed up when I absolutely had to. There are chapters out there that will critique the shoes you wear as you walk out the door. Figure out what type of chapter you're dealing with before sign on the dotted line. Like rhoyal tempest said, "No one likes a complainer." If a chapter is made up of women who want to be associated to other women who care about their appearances EVERYWHERE they go...don't join them unless you want to do the same. You'll make yourself miserable. Be observant before you go through recruitment. Meet some of the sorority members and find out these answers. Women on message boards from different chapters, many of whom graduated many years ago, can't tell you what the chapters at UNT are like.

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!