View Single Post
Old 09-24-2014, 09:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonreb View Post
So Bid Day rolls around and I'm still a little down about Laser Lemon, the cut CUT deep! I made my way over to the grove to receive my bid. After the gamma chi reveal I was handed my bid to.....

JAZZBERRY JAM (will keep actual name private for anonmity)

At that moment it hit me, no I wasn't running home to laser lemon, a group full of girls who were like me but instead I was going somewhere where I was accepted. Jazzberry Jam wanted ME, I was running home to a group who wanted ME in their sisterhood and I couldn't be more excited. I realized I don't need to be surrounded by people similar to me to make good friendships but instead I just needed to be around people who accepted me and wanted to get to know me.

So here's to the most stressful week of my life. Can we start handing out "I Survived Ole Miss Rush" shirts at Bid Day? I think this week warrants one.
My sister and her friends had shirts made when they went through rush in 2000 at Ole Miss that said that! They put all of their favorite sayings from rush week on the shirt. They were really cute.

I'm glad it all worked out for you! I hope you enjoy your new sisterhood and be sure to have lots of fun! Hotty Toddy!