View Single Post
Old 10-21-2015, 07:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
I wonder if the non-recognition of the fraternities at Colorado is a factor? Yes the sororities are recognized, but they don't exist in a vacuum, and I can see where that would make some groups nervous. Especially if they don't have a lot of active alumnae in the area to keep an eye on things.
I don't understand-none of the fraternities are recognized at UC-Boulder? This is what their Office of Greek Life website has to say:
"As a university we do not exercise direct control over the Greek system because sororities and fraternities at CU-Boulder are not legally affiliated with the university. On the other hand, the university does seek to influence the nature and operations of the Greek community that is recognized by the Panhellenic Association (Panhel) and the Multicultural Greek Council (MGC)."

But then when you go to the "Fraternity Life" subheading of the website it says "The University of Colorado Boulder is excited to announce that we are open to expansion and reaffiliation of all interfraternal organizations in good standing with their inter/national organization!"

So somehow the sororities are more recognized by the school than the fraternities?