View Single Post
Old 08-09-2013, 08:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticCat View Post
I agree with the other advice, but I throw this out there: If I was interviewing you and offered you the job, and if you asked when I really needed you and explained the situation at your current job and not wanting the leave the current employer in a bad way, that would earn you serious brownie points with me right off the bat. It shows professionalism and consideration for others.

Good luck!
This ended up being the winning answer.

I haven't gotten an official offer, and they haven't told me if in fact they would be able to allow me that much notice, but she did appreciate the situation. She ended the interview saying that I WOULD be hearing from the CEO (with whom I had the first interview)! Overall, odd as it sounds, I actually had FUN at this interview. The awkward formalness of a typical interview didn't last long at all, and we chatted about all kinds of random stuff. She's around my mom's age, and on the quiet side, but she has a sense of humor. I'm sooooo excited to hear back from them.

I guess if I hear today (he's been doing most everything by email, so I think that's how he would communicate an offer) I should wait until Monday to turn in my notice...type up a formal letter over the weekend...