View Single Post
Old 06-07-2005, 11:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sageofages
I live 12 miles south of the Des Moines airport, so during Iowa Caucuses we are crawling with politicians, supporting celebrities and the reporting press crews wanting photo ops in "rural farmlands" of Iowa.

You name the presidential candidate since 1992, and I have probably shaken hands with them AND their celebrities talking crews. seriously...it is WAY cool fun during caucuses . Last big caucus event I got to chat environment with Carol King. (my kids were like "who?" sigh)

I also went to HS with Harry Blackstone III and hung out with him cause he was a theater geek too at Redlands HS, Redlands CA in the mid 1970s. I met his late father (who was a very cool guy...and really tall!)

I was a guest on Oprah Winfrey .

My daughter went to HS with Joel West (the tv personality/former model) and Casey Blake (3rd baseman for the Cleveland Indians). Met both of them around our home town.

I guess I am not really star struck...cause I I know there are bunches more of encounters but none really stand out (or maybe I am just too tired tonight to think).