View Single Post
Old 09-16-2018, 10:30 PM
GreekChat Member

A Stranger Things recruitment

My baby cousin received a bid today! In honor of one of our favorite Sci Fi shows, I’m going to theme her recruitment experience after the Netflix show Stranger Things. I will be calling her Eleven.

Eleven (El) is about 18 years younger than me. We have a huge family. First cousins range in age from 40 to 10 (El’s littlest sisters). I lived with her and her parents one summer in college while I was doing an internship, so in my mind, she’s still a 2 year old, lol. She is a sophomore at a less competitive campus. She still had recs to three out of nine chapters. There is a new chapter colonizing this fall, so she met with ten chapters in the first round. The colonizing chapter only participated in first round though. Recruitment was broken up over 2 weekends. Our family has become fairly Panhellenic. Eleven is a legacy to Delta Zeta through her mom. I’m a Theta, my sister is a DG, and we have other cousins who are in Chi O, Alpha Phi, and Theta Phi. Our favorite great aunt was an AXO. I was really excited when she announced she was going through Recruitment, because when I tried to talk to her about it last year, she wasn’t interested. Two of her roommates went through Recruitment as well.

Chapters are:
Mike
Dustin
Max
Will
Steve
Lucas
Nancy
Jonathan
Chief Hopper
Joyce