View Single Post
Old 07-20-2017, 07:31 PM
GreekChat Member

I stayed up entirely way too late reading this thread, but I love recruitment and the craziness that comes with it haha. With that said, here are some of my stories!

When I went through recruitment, I went to one chapter during Open House and the active practically refused to talk to me! I tried so hard to maintain a conversation, but she had her arms crossed and was looking elsewhere. Needless to say, I was not invited back.

At my school, we are allowed to bring a large bag with us to hold all of our stuff (we have deferred recruitment, so it's winter and we need space for our gear). I had a water bottle in my bag that had a pop top and somehow it opened during a round. I left the chapter and noticed my bag was soaked! We had to run off to the next chapter, but here I was with my stuff spread out trying to dry it as best I could. I must have been quite a sight. This was just after lunch, so I had another 4 rounds left (approximately 5 hours) before I could go home!

One of my sisters went through the same year I did. She ended up getting a stomach bug the day of Sisterhood Round, but decided to tough it out. She put a trash bag in her purse just in case. Well, she was at a chapter talking to an active when she felt sick. She told the active who promptly left her to get a Rho Gam, but my sister didn't make it and threw up in her purse! The active came back and my sister finished the round. She didn't have any way of disposing of it before the next round and left in the bushes of the neighboring chapter! She wasn't asked back, I'm sorry to say.

One story from my first year as an active:

A PNM started to passionately discuss politics (BIG no no at my school) and the sister rushing her didn't know how to steer the conversation in another direction. Her solution? "I'm Canadian." Funny thing is that she was actually born in Canada and some of my sisters weren't aware of that and thought she had made it up on the spot!

Another story:

This sister is in my bump group and I go to bump, but I accidentally scared her so badly she almost fell out of her chair. I lost it!