View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 01:08 PM
GreekChat Member

So Pref Day had arrived. The best part was knowing I could actually sleep in. But who could sleep when you knew that today you could possibly get dropped. I woke up early, cleaned a lot. Made sure I still liked my outfit, and basically waited by my phone. Around lunch I got a text telling me a time to meet at the tent. I was confused though. This was the party time for the second to last house. So for a quick instant I was like

OH MY GOSH THIS IS UNBELIEVEABLE ELLIE BLUE ASKED ME BACK IM NOT A FAILURE OH MY GOSH UNICORNS AND RAINBOWS!!!!

But then I thought wait, I could have a party, and then a break. I could only have one party. I kept assuring myself, I had the best conversations at Ellie Blue, if they didn’t ask me back, something was wrong. And If I see Rosie Posies on my schedule, then something was wrong.

My roommates of course, had full schedules so they left 2 hours before me. I finally got to leave and sort of scurried to my tent because I was so scared/nervous. My rho gamma saw me and walked out to give me my paper.

Devastation

Schedule:
Party 1: Rosies Posies

Break

My rho gamma immediately knew something was wrong. She asked if I was okay and I said no. She even admitted that she thought it was strange that I had been cut by so many. She asked me to walk her through each of the houses. I assured her I gave my name tag to each girl. I was just shocked. I wanted to withdraw right there. She told me to at least give Rosie Posies my time so I walked on over there.

Again, girls were soooo excited to be back. Beaming about how they knew this was right. And I was there like….no. This isn’t me. I walked in, and was paired with a quiet girl. I almost started crying because I wished I was at Ellie Blue. But I had to keep it together. I basically motioned to the scrapbooks on the table, and we went through that the entire time. They had their ceremony. Girls were crying. And I was sitting there. I felt so bad. Finally it was time to go, the girl said she hoped to see me tomorrow and I gave her a smile and left

I went back to my rho gamma and when she caught my eye I shook my head. She said sometimes Panhellenic just isn’t for everybody and I just didn’t understand. She said the following week to sign up for COB. I took the withdraw sheet, scribbled my name, gave her a hug, and walked off.

My roommates were both in love with two sororities, and I sat there on my bed like I was too L

The next day was bid day. They both left that morning. I got texts from them. One got into Floral Nightingale and the other into Java Blue. I was thrilled for them but apart of me was devastated.

Just wait……….