View Single Post
Old 09-13-2018, 10:17 PM
GreekChat Member

This was such a helpful thread. I am so excited to find it. I Googled all of them and some of this info could stand to be updated, but I really, really, really appreciate the time it took to put this together!! I've contacted a bunch awaiting any next steps. Hopeful I will find the right fit.

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrigamiTulip View Post
Maybe you had an unsuccessful rush in college, or you didn’t rush at all. Maybe you attended a college without a greek system, or didn’t attend college at all. Maybe you were a member of a service or professional sorority, or were a member of a local that folded. Whatever the reason, you’ve found yourself longing for sisterhood, and are thinking about joining a sorority. You are not alone! Thousands of women past the traditional college age have found their sorority home in one of the many community sororities. (Community sororities are also known as civic sororities, non-academic sororities, non-collegiate sororities, adult sororities, or philanthropic sororities.)

For over a century, community sororities have provided sisterhood for women who chose to join. Membership in a community sorority can be just as rewarding and is usually a better fit for most post-college women than trying to become an alumna initiate of a collegiate sorority. There are more than 20 community sororities located across the US and Canada, so there are a lot possibilities to find a sorority that is a good match for your interests and needs. Usually membership in these sororities is available by invitation to women over 18 years of age, with each one having its own membership selection process.

<snip>