View Single Post
Old 05-31-2012, 09:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbino View Post
Sorry, Sen, for not mentioning Georgetown specifically. There are so many Jesuit institutions and so little time ...
Thanks for pointing out that it is St. Louis University that is Jesuit and not Washington University. To me, this falls under the category of 1) Boston College & Boston University (same town, two very different schools) and 2) Georgetown and George Washington (same town, two even more different schools). One of my brothers went to one of these for his masters and I never could remember which one it was.
I love your GIF. Let us know about Georgetown; give us a profile of your alma mater, mainstream as it is.
Oooh... I'll chime in a smidge regarding GW/Georgetown... seeing as how I'm currently filling out my intent to register with Georgetown RIGHT NOW!

I feel like the campus environments of GW and Georgetown are night and day. Georgetown has a beautiful, somewhat insulated campus that reminds me a lot of UCLA in certain regards - it feels like a traditional "campus" to me, with expansive stretches of plazas, and gorgeous, old-world buildings. GW feels like many other young, hip areas of DC - school buildings are on city streets, so you have a melange of people walking to/from the metro, to class, and to work everywhere. Restaurants and shops are intermixed among the buildings, etc.

All of my visits and experiences with Georgetown have emphasized the whole person, "women and men for others" vibe that is inherent in the Jesuit culture. I get the feeling that they have a very clear vision of the kind of student they want, and the kinds of graduates they want to produce.