View Single Post
Old 10-09-2010, 04:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by flgirl05 View Post
33girl lol I didn't plan on just walking up to somebody I know pretty much in professional settings only and be like HEY SHOULD I RUSH?!? I just did that for message. J

I think I should elaborate on what my friends in sororities have said- I have known some of these girls for years and am close friends with them and I feel if they thought I shouldn't waste my time they would have bluntly stated it or if they thought I wasn't sorority material they would have been "shocked" at me bringing it up (since I have seen them do that to some of my other friends expressing interest... "WHAT! I could have never pictured you being in a sorority"etc.). I think they genuinely didn't know what the stance was on junior recruitment, like their response was more of an "idk...I haven't asked around on this subject." I think I am going to pester my friends to inquire a bit more about juniors rushing in fall.

I guess I can rush in the spring (leaning more towards it after everyone’s posts), I just thought it would be odd to re-rush in the fall if I didn’t feel at home with any of the sororities rushing in spring. Also, you never know what houses are doing spring till you are essentially at spring recruitment, and it’s usually a mixture of all the “stereotypes” some “bottom tier to upper middle tier” to give everyone an idea of what spring is like. I am just odd in the fact that when I make a decision I like to see all the choices available, and even though I might not have a shot in h*ll during the fall with the majority of the houses, I think it will give me piece of mind knowing that all the houses saw me and I saw them. EEK who knows
I don't think you're getting it. First of all, your conversations with your "friends" are approaching membership selection territory. Trust me, they know about their chapter's stance on juniors. But they're being nice and really aren't able to come out and say "We don't even look at juniors!" They are trying to tell you, in the nicest way possible, that non-freshmen don't stand a chance in hell with most of the chapters. To continue to pursue that line of conversation is going to put them in an uncomfortable situation.

Your chances of receiving a bid from ANY sorority at a competitive SEC school greatly diminish with every semester. You need to adjust your expectations.