View Single Post
Old 08-07-2017, 02:35 PM
GreekChat Member

^^^ I want to bring you lots of treats and hold your hand and all that, because I really am not such a hardass. Please know that it will all work out - one way or another - and for the duration, I invite you to come stay with me. We can do spa, pool, catered meals, adult beverages, and so on. I will even get a cabana boy (I know, huh?). Would that help?

In some ways I think it's (rush) harder on you than on her. And I do care. I want everyone to have what I've had, regardless of the letters or the perceived "status" (which seems to appeal to some way more than others, if you get my drift) To me, social media has somewhat ruined rush. So many "Hollywood videos" and lots of rainbows and glitter, when in reality it's the day to day moments that I recall and cherish. Flying kites on the El Cap or Refugio beaches during a retreat. Sitting up all night with a sister whose heart hurt. Raiding the kitchen (will never tell how I got in, don't even ask). And many other examples to which I am positive you relate.

Let us both hope that she finds a home at Mizzou. OK?
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity