View Single Post
Old 05-24-2009, 09:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey! I plan on rushing in the fall... I'm a sophomore at the University of Florida. I didn't rush my freshman year because I wasn't sure I would enjoy it. After talking to several girls who were in sororities, I was convinced that my stereotypical ideas about the sorority girls were completely false. I'm a little nervous about rushing though because I am a sophomore and the majority of rushees are freshman.

1) Is me being a sophomore going to hinder me from getting a bid?

Also, because I go to such a huge school, I asked one of my friends who rushed last year how she made herself stand apart from other people... her response was to wear different dresses with interesting colors and things of that sort. She also said to tell interesting but TRUTHFUL stories of yourself. She told me that because my name is pretty unique, that alone will help them remember me, but it wouldn't hurt to tell them the nickname I was given in preschool/elementary school.

2) So my next question is would these things be good tools to use when I rush to help myself stand out?

Lastly, my same friend recommended that I carry a purse that includes: mints, chap stick or lip gloss, some make up powder, deodorant, some tissues (in case of sweating), and a hair brush.

3) Do you think these are substantial items to carry and should I bring anything else?

Thanks so much for reading this novel and helping us out with our questions! I for one truly appreciate it and I know this advice will ease some stress for when I finally do rush.

Thanks again!